General
4 reasons why doctors should use infographics

4 reasons why doctors should use infographics

Shared by:

Data visualization is becoming increasingly important today, as the sheer amount of information available out there can be overwhelming. People tend to skip information that they find either too difficult to absorb and understand, too boring or too time-consuming to read. As a result, important messages could fall through the cracks as it gets lost in a bunch of complicated text - here's where infographics come in.

today.mims.com

19 Sep 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro I agree that infographics not only benefit the patient but the busy doctor as well. And though infographics are quite useful, downloadable apps can also be a great tool to help patients understand anatomy and medical procedures. Some of these are even interactive, making it more realistic for both the doctor explaining and the patient listening. ...
 (Total 117 words)
Oh this is true. In my clinic, I do not like posters, but I made my own infographics and I framed them in identical frames. They are hung on the left side of the wall of the treatment room. Apart from the prosthetic demo (that shows the actual denture, bridge, etc), I use the "images" to explain things. I have one frame each of root canal, bridge, implants, flexible dentures, braces, invisalign and teeth whitening. While I'm explaining to them, if and when a patient tells me that h...
 (Total 137 words)
I agree with what the article said about people are more likely to share information that is visually appealing. I think this is true because simplified concepts can be best remembered by a visual representation. Actually, infographics are not only beneficial for patients. Even busy doctors benefit from these, especially when they are updating their knowledge on latest statistics. The best infographics that I've seen are from World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control and Prev...
 (Total 118 words)
It truly is difficult to visualize a something medical if you have no base knowledge. I have used infographics in presentations like one time I spoke to a mixed professional audience and discussed Zika to them. I used an infographic that covered all the necessary aspects about the vector which gave them a better understanding on the transmission, breeding and the sort of aedes. I have not used infographics so far with patients as I my interaction with them would typically be during medical outre...
 (Total 117 words)
I personally believe that a main part of a doctor’s job is to teach his patients about their diseases. Tell them what they need to know to help them get better starting from what the causes of this illness are and what happens if left untreated and above all, what should be done to stop this illness. In many diseases, the treatment plan consists of multiphasic approach. The patient needs to understand that very well to set his/her expectations right. Other disorders require long term management ...
 (Total 124 words)
Having infographics, or any kind of visual aid for that matter, greatly helps a patient grasp what is happening with his/ her body. This is especially helpful when a doctor would explain to a patient about his or her condition for the patient to better understand what the disease is and how it can be treated. This also encourages the patient to take an active role in his/ her treatment. Because of this, patient compliance with their treatment regimen is also increased, thus infographics, or even...
 (Total 137 words)