Have you been pricked?Created by:
As healthcare professionals, we will always be at risk of neddles stick or shraps injury whilst at work. Have you had a personal experience wth needle stick? Pleases do share.
The following guidance has been taken from an NHS website and this is just a simple reminder on how we deal with such incident, if ever it happens.
"If you pierce or puncture your skin with a used needle, follow this first aid advice immediately:
- encourage the wound to bleed, ideally by holding it under running water
- wash the wound using running water and plenty of soap
- don’t scrub the wound while you’re washing it
- don’t suck the wound
- dry the wound and cover it with a waterproof plaster or dressing
You should also seek urgent medical advice:
- go to the nearest accident and emergency (A&E) department, or
- contact your employer’s Occupational Health service, if you injure yourself at work"