General
9 of 10 Kawasaki disease patients at KKH under five years old

9 of 10 Kawasaki disease patients at KKH under five years old

Shared by:

The KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital (KKH) reports that 120 to 150 young patients are treated for Kawasaki disease here each year. Nine out of ten patients are in the under-five age group and 40%  are babies who are below a year old.

today.mims.com

19 Sep 2016 - General

Soon Kiam Tan I haven’t encountered such a study probably because documented Kawasaki disease has a low incidence in the European region. I’m not sure if nationwide epidemiologic estimates ...
 (Total 124 words)
Marinelle Castro. The first study you quoted consisted of a population from United States where vaccine take up rate is high. It will be interesting to compare this with studies from European countries, and from countries where vaccine uptake is les...
 (Total 60 words)
Soon Kiam Tan Of course, the absence of evidence does not mean that there is lack of causation. In your opinion, what kind of research do you think will be appropriate to establish causation...
 (Total 47 words)
Soon Kiam Tan Hi, I am not an expert on Kawasaki disease but based on my research, the link between childhood vaccination and Kawasaki disease has already been explored in several studies. ...
 (Total 138 words)