General
Powerful career combination: Research and medicine

Powerful career combination: Research and medicine

Shared by:

Not only will an MD-PhD degree give a deeper and more holistic understanding of the health industry, but it has opened more career opportunities for professionals.

today.mims.com

20 Sep 2016 - General

Almost all the theories in medicine have been developed with researches. So the researchers and the doctors have very close inter career relationship. And sometimes the doctors also become researchers and discover new facts that help to modify medicine along with the eveolution. Most of the things we learnt im our midical college are established by research bases. The presentations of a disease condition, the signs we elicit, changes in the parameters and what are the investigations to do, the t...
 (Total 107 words)
This is a first. I did not know they were offering it in the Philippines until now. Marinelle Castro , I think no other institution is offering the MD-Ph.D program. This is another good career avenue for those who like doing research. The health department needs doctors who are very willing to conduct researches to combat future super pathogens and advancement in medical procedures. A previous article has alread...
 (Total 140 words)
It is really a good opportunity for medicine profession lovers. The MD-PhD in Molecular Medicine program is actually a new combination of two degrees, traditional MD program and Ph.D. education in molecular medicines. It is a bit lengthy course that needs eight years to complete it. It requires continuous eight years of education to train aspiring physician-scientists as a productive professional member of the scientific community of the world. This joint degree is dedicated to the advancement o...
 (Total 107 words)
Wow. I never thought that being a researcher may took you for 8 long years. God! Thats too long. Really! Thinking that I only got my bachelors degree for 4 years made me tired of studying. How much more this one? Plus having a thesis that will be so hard to accomplish. Naaah!! Hats off to the researchers!!!! They are the reason why we are improving in medical industry. There is a continuous quality improvement makes current healthcare more effective, the game changing improvements come from the ...
 (Total 100 words)
I was not aware that this career option existed until I read this article. I'm just wondering if this is exclusive the UP? As far as I know, this is not yet available in UST and Ateneo Medical School. Although I must say that one has to be fully decided to enter this field because it presents with a lot of challenges. I can imagine that a combination of an MD and a PhD program can be very competitive, academically challenging, and time consuming. Eight years is a long time and quitting in th...
 (Total 121 words)