General
Why is there a need for foreign-trained doctors in Singapore?

Why is there a need for foreign-trained doctors in Singapore?

Shared by:

One in four doctors in Singapore’s public sector received their training overseas, and Singapore is in need of even more foreign trained doctors.

today.mims.com

20 Sep 2016 - General

Mahmoud AbdelAziz Thanks for sharing that information. Its good that you had the opportunity to enter the Malaysian healthcare system before they closed their doors. Hope the Malaysian go...
 (Total 120 words)
Singapore is in an opposite position from Malaysia: Malaysia has too many medical students waiting for housemanship, while Singapore has a shortage of doctors. A lot of this is due to the low intake at the NUS medical school for many years, and while...
 (Total 149 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz The situation you have just mentioned regarding doctors in Malaysia is the exact same issue for pharmacists in Singapore. They have also put a freeze on foreign pharmacist...
 (Total 170 words)
Well, It feels very strange for me to talk about this issue, as I am a foreign doctor graduated from Africa but I have to be in Malaysia for family reasons. The Malaysian government has unfortunately frozen taking any foreign doctors since the beginn...
 (Total 148 words)
I was not aware that Singapore is also facing a shortage of local doctors. Its very unfortunate on the background of an aging population since medical care will be more likely needed by this age group. I know a lot of colleagues who trained in Singap...
 (Total 133 words)