General
What goes into the meat you eat?

What goes into the meat you eat?

Shared by:

A new report ranks the 25 largest US fast food and "fast casual" restaurant chains on their antibiotics policies and practices.

edition.cnn.com

20 Sep 2016 - General

Maria Cristina Inserto I also like zinger and chicken from KFC. But after reading this article, it's best to avoid it. Its really safer and healthier to eat at home. Food preparation is controlled, ingredients are more fresh and its cheaper! However, once in awhile I also enjoy trying out new restaurant. I just hope that we will be made aware how food safety is guaranteed in our country. I know that restauran...
 (Total 108 words)
You know what, I wanted to read this because my sister is always eating fast food because it's the most convenient food for her to eat. If those restaurants got an F, which according to the article was already a massive improvement from the previous year, I wonder which restaurants failed. Anyway, I hardly eat fast food but you know what shocked me about this article is that it talked about chicken---and you know, in an effort to make a safe/healthy choice when dining at fast food places, I ...
 (Total 134 words)
Marinelle Castro True, the FDA doesn't really show any regulations for this. I wonder if they are the body responsible, or if there is a more specific department assigned to such regulations; though I don't even know if this issue is given a priority in our country. I'm thinking that regulations for the meat industry are very basic, and since there are a lot of small meat farmers/ sellers, I doubt t...
 (Total 103 words)
Kathleen Peralta What is the FDA / BFAD of UK? Do you know if there's any data with regards to food regulatory practices In UK in terms of livestock exposure to antibiotics? I am under the impression that American and British food regulatory boards have different procedures. I've never heard of any food safety issues from your region, which leads me to think that agricultural practices in Britain are mor...
 (Total 133 words)
Another reason to be cautious of the meat we eat. And yes, at the rate that people (and kids) today eat out at fast food and chain restaurants, in a few years, antibiotic resistance would really be a problem. I hope both government and non-government health organizations raise awareness on this issue, and also initiate measures on lessening the use of antibiotics that the poultry and livestock industry have to follow. This has already been a concern for years but nothing has been done about it y...
 (Total 145 words)
This would be very challenging to eradicate fast food practices such as this one as fast food chains exists for one reason nd that is to earn a good amount of income despite compromising the health of its consumers. If they will have to abide with these policies, their expenses would likely increase and I'm sure they wouldn't be happy about. Good for you, Marinelle Castro , as you managed without fast foo...
 (Total 129 words)
The title of this article stirred my curiosity. Its good that I haven't been eating fast food since March. Although I worry for my nieces and nephew because like regular kids they enjoy going to McDonalds. I tried looking for local data regarding the use of antibiotics for Philippine livestock, but there's none. I think these issues should be made public to raise awareness. For those restaurants who failed, are there any repercussions to their approval? I think there should be a "pa...
 (Total 133 words)