General
Microsoft says it will 'solve' cancer in the next 10 years

Microsoft says it will 'solve' cancer in the next 10 years

Shared by:

Microsoft has announced an ambitious plan to use computer science to 'solve' cancer within the next decade.

www.sciencealert.com

22 Sep 2016 - General

Too ambitious. They're saying they can poke inside, and with nifty computer programming, get rid of bad cells and refresh everything. I don't know, all I can say is "Let's wait and see". I have seen many people suffer from cancer, a few in my family, and it would be nice to find a solution once and for all. So let's say this works, does it mean people have to have that "computer" inside the body for it to detect cancer from the very first cancerous cell? I mea...
 (Total 171 words)
Good thinking Microsoft. You should have thought of that years ago. But i think due to current technology advancements, this could be made possible. This, my friend, can lead to millions of smile and happiness once they have made it commercial for patient's usage in hospitals. But hopefully the price tag won't lead them to a cardiac arrest instead. I am no genius in computer science but hopefully it is a success. Let us not pressure the brains and allow them time and trial and errors unt...
 (Total 109 words)
Hmm, this is really an ambitious goal on Microsoft’s part, and though it is a long shot, I think it may be possible for them to contribute a significant chunk of information to finding a cure. Using computers to analyze data files seems to be logical, though having a chip or device to "reboot the system and clear out the diseased cells" is a bit far-fetched. I just hope that they can truly commit to their word on helping find a cure for cancer in the least possible time. Analyzing file...
 (Total 109 words)
This is pretty understandable, because microsoft has achieved virtually everything that can be done with computer science at macroscopic level, and now they want to invade the microscopic world to continue their business. :) I'm just joking. I really appreciate this initiative. "Use computer science to 'solve' cancer within the next decade." That sounds very promising. I mean 10 years is not a very long time when you look at it, and being able to answer all questions that w...
 (Total 103 words)
Indeed, these are very ambitious plans by Microsoft and like the article says, "We hope they're right". I'm just wondering what gave them the idea that cancer can be alluded to a computational problem on its foundational level? First of all, that is an over-simplistic way of thinking about it and from the medical standpoint, this might be a short-sighted solution to a bigger problem. We all know that carcinogenesis is a cumulative end point to DNA damage caused by a lot of fact...
 (Total 137 words)