General

Does Dairy Cause Acne?

Created by:

23 Sep 2016 - General

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/868156

The association between the diet and acne is not completely understood. And quite often that is the question we are most commonly asked by patients. "Doctor can I eat chocolate?" "Doctor, is it true that eating oily food worsens acne" "What should I eat to make my acne disappear sooner?" These are some of the questions we come across when we give medical advise to patients suffering from acne. In this study, they have tries to identify a relationship between the occurrence of acne and the consumption of dairy products, and apparently there is. This may not be correct, but after reading this, would you advise an acne patient to reduce low-fat dairy intake ?

Mahmoud AbdelAziz As you mentioned, it's also true that stress does play a huge factor. This, coupled with a bad diet, can indeed manifest as acne on the skin. ...
 (Total 107 words)
New studies show that dairy contains growth hormones and promotes inflammation. I think the main issue here is the excessive consumption of dairy products. We put cheese in everything be it in burgers, omelettes, etc. Same goes for milk that we add i...
 (Total 104 words)
From my personal experience, I can say there is a very strong connection between food, stress and Acne. I have followed the traditional way and tried the creams and prescriptions but they all only masking the problem. I then started to work on my die...
 (Total 129 words)
Hello Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan and An Chau . I agree with a hormonal thing but for my experience, not in diary products. :) ...
 (Total 138 words)
Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan thats a good point about the hormonal link. That was what I wanted to add as well :). I think hormones plays a major role in acne occurrence and it definitely ti...
 (Total 78 words)
From my own experience, I can attest that diet is an important factor that has to be considered when one has acne. Years back, I kept on having bouts of acne. I had horrible, large zits that made me want to hide inside my room and not come out. I wen...
 (Total 265 words)