General
Senate Holds Hearing on Cosmetics Safety, Signaling Shift to Better Protect Consumers

Senate Holds Hearing on Cosmetics Safety, Signaling Shift to Better Protect Consumers

Shared by:

A senate hearing committee today focused on how to make cosmetics safer for consumers and workers.

www.yahoo.com

23 Sep 2016 - General

Because of what I've read about the dangers of counterfeit cosmetics, I hope that our country will make a move to have a strict regulation on this. Imagine conducting an interview and you notice that the person you're talking to has a caked make up. People like me who have a wild imagination can only think of animal manure on her face! Jennifer Winter ...
 (Total 121 words)
and yet again we remember the excreta Jemelyn Mae Sodusta haha. It is definitely hard to rub that out of our memory banks or off our faces ;) "Under the bill, at least five chemicals per year would be evaluated by the FDA to determine whether they are safe, and if so, to identify the appropriate concentrations to maintain consumer safety."- although cosmetics are not swallowed they are used on the skin ...
 (Total 107 words)
Seeing this kind of article that provides safety to both consumer and workers is really great. This bill will greatly help consumers in choosing which is more safer and effective. It is stated that five chemicals per year would be evaluated by the FDA to determine whether they are safe, and if so, to identify the appropriate concentrations to maintain consumer safety. The bill would also provide the FDA with mandatory recall authority, and it would require labeling of products that include ingre...
 (Total 186 words)