The best breakfast buritto!Created by:
I tried something new this week and wanted to share this healthy and delicious, one of the best breakfast burrito i have made so far. Try it! Great for lunch too!
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 small red onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup drained, rinsed canned black beans, preferably low-sodium
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs and 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2-ounce) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Cooking spray
- 4 (10-inch) whole-wheat tortillas (burrito-size)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 large tomato, (4 ounces) seeded and diced
- 1 small avocado (4 ounces), cubed
- Hot sauce
- Heat the canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Cook the onions and peppers until onions are softened and peppers are slightly charred, about 8 minutes.
- Add black beans and red pepper flakes and cook until warmed through, another 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a dish.
- Whisk together the eggs and egg whites then stir in the cheese.
- Spray the skillet with cooking spray, and reheat the skillet over a medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and add eggs, scrambling until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Spread each tortilla with 1 tablespoon each sour cream and salsa,
- layer with 1/4 of the black bean mixture,
- 1/4 of the scrambled eggs,
- some diced tomato,
- 1/4 of the avocado.
- Season, with hot sauce.
- Roll up burrito-style and serve.
Vitamins & nutrients: Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Vitamin K, Calcium, Iodine, Iron, Potassium, Selenium, Protein, Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C
Calories 460; Total Fat 20 g, Protein 23 g; Carb 51 g; Fiber 12 g; Cholesterol 235 mg; Sodium 860 mg