General
99.9999999% of your body is empty space

99.9999999% of your body is empty space

Shared by:

Some days, you might feel like a pretty substantial person. Maybe you have a lot of friends, or an important job, or a really big car.

www.sciencealert.com

25 Sep 2016 - General

It is a very interesting post and more significant for materialistic persons. Everything in this universe is almost entirely 99.9999% empty space including you, your huge cars, your houses and your all friends and fellows. We all are made up of tiny atoms and atoms contain nucleus having an electron, neutron, and protons. The size of the nucleus is 100,000 times smaller than an atom. As it is illustrated in the studies, if the size of the nucleus is about peanut’s size then the size of the atom ...
 (Total 135 words)
To the author of the article, may I have copy of the article in English please? haha Wow! That a very extensive explanation of quantum physics. Apparently, touch screen is really electromagnetic-forces-repelling-against-each-other-screen. The only consolation of knowing that we are 99.999% empty is that the definition of empty is quite different for physicists. Empty and hollow are not the same since there are invisible electric fields that prevent us from floating around like ghosts. On a relig...
 (Total 125 words)
This is so true. We care so much about our position in this world, the legacy we live, the impression we make. Some people even go to lengths to make a significant mark, but in reality, in the vastness of the Universe, we are nothing. It should not matter because first of all, life is fleeting and we all expire. As a Christian, there's is this concept of "dash", you know BIRTH --- DEATH, what have you done in the DASH of your life? What does your personal DASH make you feel? Anyway...
 (Total 128 words)
I read the title of this article, and before going ahead to read the rest of it, I was thinking to myself for a minute. All these effort we make to make the human body stand, walk and live, but still ultimately everything is just empty space. The patient you do a laparotomy on to repair a perforated duodenal ulcer. Or the patient you give cardiopulmonary resuscitation to recover from a cardiac arrest. Or even the one you just prescribed cough syrup to reduce a cough. All just empty space! We are...
 (Total 114 words)