General
Eat

Eat

Shared by:

Eat

today.mims.com

25 Sep 2016 - General

Maria Cristina Inserto Your friends probably get a good roasting when the biggest loser contest reminiscing happens. haha Great advice! Input must be less than output for weight loss. No one can lose weight if they exercise yet continue binging food. A classic example would Eric Esch also known as Butterbean. He was really a flabby albeit great boxer in his prime; However, you could not piece together his obesity ...
 (Total 143 words)
When I give advice on losing weight, I do so by telling them methods I know that worked well with myself. I've never really had to lose much weight but a few years ago my friends and I realized we all gained so much weight during the Holidays and decided to start a "Biggest Loser" contest. We had to drop Php5000 each into the pot, so that the total amount would be claimed by the winner and we set the whole thing for 6 months. Anyway, I was doing almost daily cardio workout (dancing...
 (Total 221 words)
Marinelle Castro That sad truth is that people always wait for a wake-up call before exercising regularly. There are a lot of health benefits for exercising regularly and one of them is improved discipline when it comes to eating. Studies show that those who participate in workouts regularly are less likely to consume fatty and carbohydrate-rich foods. When one wants to lose weight, giving up large proportions of...
 (Total 136 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta I absolutely agree with you. Exercise is king, diet is queen, and together you have a fitness kingdom. Losing weight entails a lot of discipline. It is the same principle as setting a budget on expenditure but this time the limit is on caloric intake. Fad diets do not work because they are not sustainable. Eating a sensible, balanced diet helps lose weight and allows maintenance of the lost we...
 (Total 171 words)
Theekshana Abayawickrama You Yi Hong That is true. It is a pot meets kettle situation. One cannot expect another to follow advise if he/she does not practice what he/she preaches. Doctors have to always look and act the part. Letting go of ourselves because we are stressed is not an excuse. We lose credibility in the eyes of the pa...
 (Total 133 words)
The older a person gets, the harder it is to lose weight. Obesity is a common problem in industrialized societies, but I think there's no other solution to this but to burn more than what you take. I know it sounds oversimplified but its true. There's no secret or no magical agent that will accelerate weight loss. It takes discipline and willpower. If your patient makes a lot of excuses, then it means that you have not convinced him enough to realize the importance of losing weight. A lo...
 (Total 133 words)
There are many ways to lose weight however, most of them are difficult to sustain since it is making you hungry and unsatisfied. Usually, what i share if someone will ask me on what to do to lose weight is; first, cutting the sugar and starches (carbs) intake. Cut the carbs, lower your insulin and you will start to eat less calories automatically and without hunger. 2nd, Each one of your meals should include a protein source, a fat source and low-carb vegetables. ( Meat – Beef, chicken, pork, la...
 (Total 151 words)
It is very easy to ask or request our patients to follow a healthy lifestyle by regular exercise and healthy diet. But is it easy to be done ? No, it is not easy. It is 1 of the most challenging medical intervention !! This interesting cartoon also showed that the doctor himself is also belong to at least overweight/obese body mass index (BMI). As healthcare professional, ideally we should set a good example for the patients to follow. Will the patients listen to advice of losing weight, which w...
 (Total 104 words)
Well, this cartoon to me is more than just loosing weight. It is about expecting our patients to adhere to a healthy lifestyle when we ourselves are not taking care of our health. This doctor here is morbidly obese. And he is advising the lady to loose weight. This is a situation I have been in. fortunately I am not obese, so I can explain to patients the risks of being obese and advice them to loose weight. But I get myself in a really awkward position when I have to ask the parent of a malnour...
 (Total 134 words)
The perpetual problem for patients is the struggle to lose weight. This is especially true for my chosen field where osteoarthritis is very common. Losing weight is crucial to maintaining good posture and preventing exaggeration of spinal curvatures. Patients often get dismayed when they hop on the weighing scale and realize that they did not lose weight. Whenever I tell patients the need to shed excess baggage, I always emphasize to lose weight gradually with a maximum weight loss of 2kg in one...
 (Total 151 words)