General
Science debunks common “unhealthy” food perceptions

Science debunks common “unhealthy” food perceptions

Shared by:

Recent research shows that fat content in cheese may actually reduce risks of coronary artery disease. As it turns out, other foods that have neen given a bad rep coud actually be good for us, too.

today.mims.com

26 Sep 2016 - General

The most appropriate healthy eating advise will be not to eat any kind of food excessively. It seems like the cheese, eggs, and even MSG is ok if consume in not an excessive manner. I would say this would apply to most of the food around. We should always ensure that our diet includes a mixture and balanced of every variety of food, not just exclusively to some certain food product. For example, some cheese over a serving of chicken salad would just be perfectly fine. But, I would feel that we s...
 (Total 104 words)
I would like to quote “the best advice would be to eat all foods in moderation.”, “Anything consumed in excess is no good.” There is no doubt that cheese contains concentrated levels of fat and salt, also egg yolk contains cholesterol for sure. We should think about food more rationally. As doctors we should differentiate between two main kinds of people. Cheese for example, we can see normal apparently healthy individuals who love to eat cheese. They need to know that consuming cheese moderatel...
 (Total 145 words)
Like Kathleen Peralta I am also surprised about what was written about MSG. In fact a lot of products in the country has a label which says "Does not contain MSG" so I had the impression that this substance has proven bad benefits for the health. I also did my own research studies and international food regulatory boards also claim that there is no sufficient to prove that MSG is bad for our health. Ho...
 (Total 113 words)
For the betterment of our health, we must eat each food in moderation. Excessive intake of even safe food can be harmful to our health. It is generally accepted that cheese and egg intake are risk factors for higher HDL cholesterol and coronary artery diseases respectively. But a recent research carried out at the University of Copenhagen has shown that cheese is associated with good health because cheese consumption can improve serum lipid parameters and reduces the chances of fat accumulation ...
 (Total 146 words)
Wow I can eat packet of crisps!! in moderation. MSG surprised me the most to be honest. But in a way, felt a little happy that MSG is not that bad after all. As the article has said, every thing in moderation. I would just like to point out a statement from the article though, mentioning pizza lovers. Just because cheese was found not to increase risk of cardio vascular disease doesn't literally mean pizza lovera could rejoice. It's not just cheese on the pizza, and it will still all dep...
 (Total 121 words)
An interesting topic to share in this community. Cheese, we label it as high-caloric and fat content which can be a factor of having cardiovascular disease. But according to research eating a diet rich in cheese is actually beneficial to our health. The results revealed that their is no significant effect to participants serum LDL (dubbed as bad cholesterol due to its association with risks of cardiovascular disease). And for the record, those who consume regular high fat cheese had higher lev...
 (Total 141 words)