General
Actress dies of cancer after choosing traditional Chinese medicine over chemotherapy

Actress dies of cancer after choosing traditional Chinese medicine over chemotherapy

Shared by:

The death of a young Chinese actress from lymphoma after choosing to undergo TCM treatment instead of chemotherapy puts the spotlight back on the validity of traditional medicine.

today.mims.com

27 Sep 2016 - General

Traditional Chinese medicine is really far from those in the Western type of practice. There is a minimal percentage of cancer survivors, let us face reality. It could have been just that if the actress haven't prolonged to undergo chemotherapy, ...
 (Total 108 words)
In the area of evidence based medicine, the treatment offered to treat any kind of medical condition should really has supporting evidence for its use. Depend on the type of cancer and stage of cancer, some of the chemotherapy (together with +/- surg...
 (Total 116 words)
Ms Xu Ting chose to treat her cancer using TCM. She has paid her price. Was it foolish or wise? Who is to tell? Either way, she would die sooner or later, whichever therapy was used. It was a matter of time. Remission is a period for any patient t...
 (Total 68 words)
That's just sad. I agree with Alex Ngai that discrediting one school of medicine for treatment of potentially fatal illnesses is foolish. TCM can be very helpful but with diseases with ...
 (Total 105 words)
Traditional Chinese medicine is very different to Western medicine. It is a complex system. So it is very difficult for western doctors to test whether it works for treating or preventing cancer. It is even more difficult to test TCM using randomised...
 (Total 128 words)
I have sadly seen patients who would've lived longer or even survived their cancer if they didn't delay chemo due using TCM instead. Alex Ngai: Many do have that misconception about...
 (Total 132 words)
In cases of fast-progressing diseases like cancer, it's hard to see how TCM, which is slow acting, can help. TCM is great in treating the root of a problem, but when the symptoms are deadly, making it the only means of defence is, sadly, lacking,...
 (Total 48 words)
A doctor whom I met recently told me something about patients' misconceptions about chemotherapy and radiotherapy: many people still have an image from 10 years ago of cancer patients suffering in great pain from chemotherapy or radiotherapy trea...
 (Total 108 words)