General

Random rant

Created by:

27 Sep 2016 - General

As a doctor, a good fraction of our lives is spent inside med school and the hospital. Now post residency, most of my time is still dedicated to seeing patients and filling in forms inside the hospital. That is why going home and spending time with our families really feels like a luxury to most of us in training. However, since I'm living in Manila, going home can really be difficult with the hellish traffic. I will miss another family dinner tonight. Another birthday celebration. Tsk.

Marinelle Castro, I think the simplest solution to our traffic problem is to create a deadly virus with high host specificity. It should target all drivers who cannot follow traffic rules (esp bus drivers who feel the need to obstruct half the lanes in commonwealth ave) and hopefully all members of congress and mayors. Sorry, It took me more than 3 hours to what should have been a 40 minute drive. I grew up and plan to practice here in the metro but this is just too much that I am highly conside...
 (Total 94 words)
And I thought we had it the worst. Didn't think traffic is such a bg problem in other countries as it is for us. Guess there are places where people suffer the same way that Sri Lankan do. :D The roads are crazy here during peak hours. It takes 2+ hours in peak hours for me to go to Colombo which takes only 30 minute without traffic. My strategy is I leave before traffic sets in. I have to be at the ward at 7, but everyday I leave from home at 5.30, go to the ward at 6am and I get 1 hour to ...
 (Total 109 words)
I understand the frustration. I think the traffic in Manila will take a few years before it gets solved, if it will be solved at all. I actually computed that because of the traffic situation in the Metropolis, an average Filipino spends 28 days waiting on the streets per year. I was being very liberal at that in terms of the amount of traffic. Can you imagine? 28 days on the road! That's a significant loss of productivity for the economy and of course not to mention that we have to spend mo...
 (Total 123 words)
I feel like you wanted to be more graphic as you seem to be bottling up some amount of frustration there Francis NFA. Traffic is very stressful especially when it further ruins our schedules. Fortunately for me I do not live in Manila and can feel nothing more than empathy for your situation. Around here I only feel the heaviness of traffic during long weekends or major holidays. I am hoping that the traffic situa...
 (Total 82 words)