General
Controversial Baby Boy Born Using New Three Parent Technique

Controversial Baby Boy Born Using New Three Parent Technique

Shared by:

The controversial baby boy was born on April 6 in Mexico, having been conceived using a technique called spindle nuclear transfer. As reported in the journal Fertility and Sterility, the use of this reproductive technology was intended

healthscienceandtechnology.com

28 Sep 2016 - General

Oshen Chandrasoma yes safety is a big concern. Last time embryologists tried to create a baby using DNA from three people was in the 1990s, when they injected mitochondrial DNA from a donor into another woman’s egg, along with sperm from her partner. Some of the babies went on to develop genetic disorders, and the technique was banned. There is no guarantee that the defective mutation will not accumulate within t...
 (Total 112 words)
Wow. Sounds interesting. A new technique, but I am sure there will be so many ethical and religious issues which will raise against this. But yet, it makes a hope for parents who has children with diseases like Leigh Syndrome. When I was a medical student, I had two patients with Leigh Syndrome and they are brothers. Considering the suffering which those two children and the family had, this technology will give some hope for the future. @T00PP00 thanks for sharing this and I have few queries fo...
 (Total 106 words)