General

Water can cure migraine

Created by:

28 Sep 2016 - General

Migraine headaches can be severely debilitating, and those of us who frequently suffer from them can end up with a terribly diminished quality of life. A study in the European Journal Of Neurology suggests that dehydration is a significant factor in the build-up to attacks, which can leave sufferers incapacitated for days.

six to eight glasses of water a day can reduce their intensity and duration.You can also place your hands in ice cold water for a few minutes while repeatedly clenching and opening your fists for a similar effect.Professor Peter Goadsby from the Institute of Neurology in London, said:"This study is in line with current thinking that physiological disturbance, such as dehydration, hunger or disturbed sleep patterns can trigger migraine and should be avoided."

Habiba Twakkol Mahmoud AbdelAziz Rajinda Asalage Theekshana Abayawickrama Headache is one of the most common symptoms that makes the patient consult a physician. How...
 (Total 207 words)
I personally consider water as a cure for many things. Drinking enough water is vital in the humid tropical climate of Malaysia and South East Asia in general to cool down our body temperature. Water plays a vital role in nearly every bodily function. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page leading to either headache or migrain...
 (Total 167 words)
Migraine is one of the worst types of headaches to have. Because it largely affects one's day today activities and life. Sometimes it may lead social isolation too since the affected person avoids social gatherings, bright light sources and noisy sounds. So prevention and cure of this condition is much needed and should not be neglected. As you have said above, there are proven clues that drinking enough amount of water has an effect on making relieved from the migraine symptoms. It has been...
 (Total 105 words)
Migraine is indeed a terrible condition to have. I have a couple of my very close colleagues that suffer from migraine. When they are having migraine, they are not the same persons anymore. They are in severe distress, become easily irritable, and they always want to finish off work and go home to lay on their beds. Medical management often helps to relieve symptoms and reduce the frequency and duration of the headaches, but sometimes even the drugs don't help. It i good to know that a very ...
 (Total 102 words)
Thanks for sharing this article to the community! I hope you can send the official link to he study Habiba Twakkol . In my daily practice, I really do seldom drink water and I tend to forget drinking the right amount most especially when I am on duty. Due to our busy schedules and shifting, we always tend to forget to give ourselves justice by hydrating ourselves and even having our bathroom breaks. Living in our...
 (Total 122 words)