General
Your poop could predict your level of belly fat

Your poop could predict your level of belly fat

Shared by:

The diversity of bacterial colonies inside your gut could be directly linked to the level of fat around your body, a new study has found.

www.sciencealert.com

28 Sep 2016 - General

"less diverse the bacteria, the more fat present"--- hmmm that is pretty interesting. The title of the article did make me think at first that the appearance of our poop can tell us something about belly fat. I began to picture all forms of poop. haha. Kidding aside this really is an interesting discovery and hopefully there will be more research to prove this. So far from what I gather from this research is that they believe that by altering our gut microbiome they can change or preve...
 (Total 112 words)
Although the title of the article can be a little ridiculous, there is some solid science behind that fact. "The diversity of bacterial colonies inside your gut could be directly linked to the level of fat around your body" Measurement of the percentage of body fat in a person is a challenging task. There are various methods and calculations available to get an approximate value, but this numbers are not always accurate and do not correctly predict the amount of body fat that there is....
 (Total 115 words)