General

Hibiscus health benefits

Created by:

29 Sep 2016 - General

You may be familiar with hibiscus, known as “sour tea” in Iran, a delicious and refreshing summertime drink. However, this pleasant-tasting herb with the deep-red color also has beneficial health properties, specifically for those looking to support cardiovascular health.

Approximately 15-30 percent of the hibiscus plant is made up of plant acids, including citric acid, malic acid, tartaric acid and allo-hydroxycitric acid lactone — i.e. hibiscus acid, which is unique to hibiscus.
Scientific interest in hibiscus has grown in the last several years, thanks to a small burst of published research studies all over the world- especially in regards to cholesterol and blood pressure maintenance.it is interesting to see the use of this simple, safe plant evolve from home beverage to medicinal utilization for such common health support such .If you are a blood pressure patient, try it and if you did tell us your experience?

Hibiscus tea is a very popular drink as a medicinal drink since it has so many hidden befits. It has an effect in reducing serum cholesterol levels. It enhances the processes going on inside the digestive system and has an effect on optimizing the immune system. It has been proven that people with liver disease have got the intensity of their disease condition by drinking hibiscus tea and so there is a value in cure for liver disease which is very dangerous in late stages. It increases the rate ...
 (Total 100 words)
Actually this is the first time I've heard about such tea. I better check this one but I don't think so that this is available in the Philippine market. Never thought that gumamela can be used for teas and treat high blood pressure. Most of the people nowadays are really health conscious wherein they engage their selves in exercises and increasing consumption of organic goods. Cafe's should include this into their menu list together with Matcha's. I hope that the market in the Ph...
 (Total 95 words)
A report from the AHA (American Heart Association) that was published in November of 2008 states that consuming hibiscus tea lowers the blood pressure up to 10 points in pre-hypertensive and mildly hypertensive adults. Other studies suggest that it has anti-hypertensive and cardio-protective properties that can be beneficial to people suffering from hypertension and those at high risks of carious cardiovascular diseases. Also, hibiscus tea has diuretic properties that increase urination, simulta...
 (Total 166 words)