General
Hormonal contraceptives may raise depression risk

Hormonal contraceptives may raise depression risk

Shared by:

The use of hormonal contraceptives was linked to higher risk of depression and antidepressant use in a new study, especially for teenage girls.

www.medicalnewstoday.com

29 Sep 2016 - General

Personally, I rarely see a patient who suffered from depression after using oral contraceptives. Most of the time I see them for thrombotic complications. Anyway because this article was interesting, I looked for the source of the study, and here is ...
 (Total 134 words)
Tahira Nawaz i guess this topic needs alot of research to prove that hormonal contraceptives may result to depression or be at risk to depression. We would like to know on how depression li...
 (Total 107 words)
I concur that teens are more at risk for depression due to their age. I would like to see a study with regards to risk of depression among women who are on hormonal therapy, for the reproductive age and non- reproductive age. PCOS is a very common il...
 (Total 77 words)
Psychiatric disorders are the worst type of the disorders to have in the life time. Among them, depression is the worse most disorder to have according to my opinion. Because once you experience it, You dig a hole where you can not come out from it. ...
 (Total 113 words)
Thanks for your comment, Madhubabu Kaaja. Natural contraceptive alternatives are best options because whatever the method is and whatever the nature of medicinal agent is, it will result in side effects from minor to severe. So safe options must be s...
 (Total 41 words)
Dear Tahira,
Thanks for posting news. An alternate method should be evaluated for contraceptive therpay rather taking hormones as you said. But in My view chemical contraceptives effects our physiological systems than compared to physical methods...
 (Total 36 words)
This is very useful and informative research for teenage girls who are using hormonal contraception methods including pills, injections, patches, and implants. Such contraceptive agents contain hormones estrogen and progestin (progestin can be synthe...
 (Total 104 words)