General

Mediterranean diet in reducing the risk of CVD!

Created by:

29 Sep 2016 - General

Cardio vascular accidents are the leading cause of death among both men and women and the prevalence is rising very rapidly too. Essentially a consumption of mediterranean diet is much needed as a preventive measure. There are few modifiable risk factors identified for cardio vascular diseases. Consumption of fast food is very abandon in the society which may increase the risk of having high serum cholesterol levels in turn. It will lead for the deposition of cholesterol in the intima of the vessels. In a mediterranean diet you will not get such harmful contents and instead of them, you will get anti oxydants inside your body to fight and make the blood vessel walls stable. Have it. Get rid of CVDs

Notably, Many Mediterranean vegetables and fruits are not easy to obtain in the rest of the world. The Mediterranean diet has no preservatives. It is freshly picked, plucked and cooked. The supermarket spaghetti bolognese does not count. So I believe...
 (Total 159 words)
Rajinda Asalage This topic makes me really homesick. Mediterranean food is not only about extra virgin olive oil and nuts, It is more about having a meal based on fresh vegetables, fruits, ...
 (Total 114 words)
Rajinda Asalage thank you for posting this article, I also want to add that Mediterranean diet is also associated with a reduced incidence of cancer, and Parkinson's and Alzheimer's...
 (Total 138 words)
Rajinda Asalage Great topic for the community! It is really inevitable for us in the healthcare profession to consume fast food due to time constraint. However, we must start practicing wha...
 (Total 105 words)
To be honest, lately it has been easier to convince a patient to start insulin treatment rather than maintain an appropriate and healthy diet. Filipino patients will usually be very compliant for a few months then fall back after. Our culture and lov...
 (Total 108 words)
@Rajinda Asalage Thank you for posting this article on ' World Heart Day.' In today's world, where life is so busy and stressful, it is very important to have a balanced and nutritious diet. Nowadays, even many healthcare professionals ar...
 (Total 125 words)