General
What doctors really think: 5 hidden thoughts of white coat professionals

What doctors really think: 5 hidden thoughts of white coat professionals

Shared by:

Despite their best intentions, doctors are certainly not perfect beings. With that in mind, here are some things we do think but would probably never admit to patients.

today.mims.com

29 Sep 2016 - General

I am especially concerned about #1. Wondering who is the crazier patient. It's hard to tell whether the psychologist looking after a patient has a mental illness, because unlike other medical professions, symptoms are usually not evident in one l...
 (Total 40 words)
This is a great article for discussion, Marinelle Castro. It screams that doctors are humans too! Doctors are always under pressure not only in providing the best management of a patient bu...
 (Total 205 words)
The first one sounded like the Psychiatrist needs a break. I remember reading the psychiatrists need a mental break every so years to free themselves from the psychiatric babble. This is why I would like to avoid psychiatry as I just know that it wil...
 (Total 144 words)
For end-of-life care, one of the common problems I encounter is continuing extraordinary means of treatment despite refusal of a patient. Just recently, I had a patient who was put on dialysis against her wish just because her children cannot accept ...
 (Total 114 words)
About the third clause: "Give doctors a break!", I can relate to this well because plenty of times I've been a victim of bad timing. In our hospital set-up there are plenty of restaurants in a nearby building. When I'm done with rou...
 (Total 141 words)