General
Breastfeeding Can Protect Mothers From Cancer & Heart Attacks

Breastfeeding Can Protect Mothers From Cancer & Heart Attacks

Shared by:

Breastfeeding not only protects babies from premature deaths and serious diseases but also mothers from breast cancer and heart attacks, among others, suggests a study. According to the study published in the journal Maternal and Child

healthscienceandtechnology.com

30 Sep 2016 - General

Reading the article, it is really great to know that breastfeeding not only benefits the baby, but the mother as well. Aside from being more economical and adding to the mother-child emotional bond, this is another reason that breastfeeding has to be advocated and highly encouraged to mothers with newly born babies. I’m just wondering how the study found these benefits out, and how breastfeeding triggers these protective effects on the mother’s health. Nevertheless, all countries should be able ...
 (Total 100 words)
The association between breast feeding and the reduction of risk in certain types of malignancies has been well known for a while now. After delivery when we explain to mothers about the importance of breast feeding, we tell them that it is good for the health of the mother as it is for the child. This gives them some extra motivation to give exclusive breast feeding for the child in the first 6 months of life. It is good to know that there are scientific evidence to prove the benefits of breast...
 (Total 104 words)
I agree with this research because being a mother I know the benefits of breastfeeding for both mother and child. The first feed by the mother is full of immunity that helps the baby to survive after birth. As mentioned in the article breastfeeding helps the child to prevent diseases such as acute lymphoblastic leukemia, ear infections, Crohn's diseases, ulcerative colitis, GIT infections, lower respiratory tract infections, obesity, necrotizing enterocolitis and sudden infant death syndrome...
 (Total 109 words)