Myths Vs. FactsCreated by:
Image courtesy: www.mobify.com
It is very annoying for me when my patients avoid dental treatments because of their myths. People stick to their false beliefs and avoid treatments and this can prove to have deleterious effects on their dental health. The most popular myths followed by my patients are:
1. "Cleaning the teeth with a hard toothbrush is better than doing it with a soft toothbrush."
- A hard toothbrush or brushing teeth vigorously with too much force can result in abrasions and even damage the gums.
2. " One should not take dental treatments during pregnancy."
- The second trimester is the best period to get dental treatments during pregnancy. Also, the changes in hormones during pregnancy can affect the dental health. So, dental visits should not be avoided during pregnancy.
3. " I have to visit a dentist only when I have tooth pain or when I see a problem in my teeth."
Regular dental visits at the interval of six months are very important for maintaining good dental health.
Do you also face such myths in your practice? If yes, then please share.