General
Scientists just documented the first case of Zika spreading through physical contact

Scientists just documented the first case of Zika spreading through physical contact

Shared by:

A mysterious and extreme case of Zika in the US has shown that we still have a lot to learn when it comes to the virus – and suggests the virus may be capable of being spread by physical contact.

www.sciencealert.com

30 Sep 2016 - General

Clearly we know very little of Zika and we have to get up-close and find out more. I actually do not know what to think about it. Some articles try to appease you into t believing that it's manageable and you shouldn't worry so much about it; but then some articles want to rattle you and make you worry. The only thing clear is that Zika, despite being known for quite some time now, is still a puzzling virus to all. And when something is unknown, it shouldn't be taken lightly. This ar...
 (Total 130 words)
Yes, exactly Theekshana Abayawickrama, I think a more thorough and deep research is still needed to find out the pathophysiology of Zika infection, how it spreads, how it can be prevented and the most important how it is treated. Up till now, it has been investigated that Zika infection is spreading through bites of infected mosquito Aedes aegypti, sexual contact, from pregnant women to its child and through physical contact. This research has pointed out the first case of Zika infection that sp...
 (Total 116 words)
Okay now this is getting really really bad. First it came as a flu like disease that spreads via respiratory droplets. A few months later scientists discovered that it can be sexually transmitted. And now, within an year the virus has started spreading through [physical contact. And apparently the virus is more deadly than we think it is, because in the reported case a previously healthy patient has died after being infected with Zika, I am not sure if this is a new strain of the virus that has ...
 (Total 107 words)