General

Really No Cure For Cancer?

Created by:

1 Oct 2016 - General

When a dear Philippine Senator, Miraim Defensor passed away the other day, a few friends of mine started talking about cancer. We all had stories to share, of families and friends we've lost to it, and then we thought: "Too many brilliant Scientists, there really isn't any cure found for cancer?" And then one friend said, "You know, I've heard people say that there is a cure, but pharmaceuticals are stopping it from being released because there is bigger business with the current state of things." And then we all suddenly felt angry about it. I even said that if it were true, then that's just evil. A lot of people lose family over cancer. Sometimes cancer takes the lives of children, and it's sad because it's like they didn't deserve to live at all.

SO IS THERE or IS THERE NOT? We left the quesiton hanging for a awhile and a day after my friend linked a video, which for some reason I cannot access anymore now. It was random video of a protest this policeman was making. It talks about his experience as a father of a cancer victim. Her daughter went through chemo and just when they were getting hopeless, they found a doctor who prescribed a medicine that cured her. She was 100% cancer free but sadly, her exposure to radiation still took her life. His protest screams of the injustice and of how people are made ignorant. I wish I could show that to yo... 

Anyway, what do you think is happening, really? Is there really no cure for cancer yet? Are scientists really struggling to find a cure that works? Or is there a cure, but it's being hidden from us? 

Yes of course I find it is priceless if someone gets to find a cure for cancers. But the thing is most of the cases are reported after getting the disease and unfortunately they have developed complications as well most of the time. Most probably they are found to be in late stages or the stages where the tumour can not get demarcated from the surrounding tissues making the surgical intervention for cure is a mess. Most of the screening programs function after one of the relative gets a cancer e...
 (Total 106 words)
This is quite an intricate issue to discuss. We may not know if there really is a cure-all for cancer, or if pharmaceutical companies are just hiding it, but I also agree that if there was one found, I’m sure the companies involved would be falling head-over-heels to sell it at a very high price. I’d also like to believe that if someone has been able to find a cure, nothing or no once can stop this information from getting out. I’m pretty idealistic and would like to believe that good will alway...
 (Total 223 words)
Sure, there is a lot of evil in this world, but I'd like to believe that majority of people living in our planet is still good and kind by nature - - this includes people from the academic community who have dedicated their entire lives on finding a cure for a disease. Historically, it usually takes some time before a breakthrough treatment becomes publicized - this was true for vaccines, penicillin and other medications that made a milestone in contemporary medicine. So I really can't t...
 (Total 173 words)
Thanks for sharing this post. I think this question thrives in the mind of many people. The common man has to struggle between doctors. They completely rely on doctors for the treatment, but sadly doctors are too dependent upon other factors indirectly. The healthcare setting in which a doctor is working influences the decision made by the doctor. Everything on the other side is regulated by pharmaceutical companies. Even in blind trials, the results are being modified for selfish reasons. Event...
 (Total 141 words)
Well I would say both opinions are correct. There might be a cure or there might not be. But the problem I see is that not only cancer but majority of diseases are handled by pharmaceutical companies. You can see that clearly that when there is a cure by surgery of some diseases(not cancer), a newer drug will come into the market saying that "surgery is not needed anymore". So people choose the newer thing but that might not cure but control the symptoms. Likewise there could be a cur...
 (Total 162 words)
Reading this made me feel angry too! I have a grandparent who died from breastcancer wayback in highschool. We were able to comply with all the chemotherapies but then again after a few months, she also died. I was so heartbroken having my most favorite grandparent died and felt pity on her. Knowing that she is in a lot of pain from the tests and administration of checmo drugs, hospitalized every now and then until she can no longer walk and barely breathe. Cancer is very rampant nowadays and I ...
 (Total 195 words)
You have highlighted a very important point to address, pharmaceutical companies and curing people. We need to remember that lack of sufficient information always lead to such conspiracy theories. There are some facts we should know. Firstly, scientists do struggle to find a cure that works with cancer. The updates in this field are endless day after day. Secondly, Pharmaceutical companies would never hide an effective cure for cancer, they would simply make more expensive to fulfil their greed...
 (Total 152 words)