General
When doctors and nurses collide: How can the differences be resolved?

When doctors and nurses collide: How can the differences be resolved?

Shared by:

Workplace conflicts in the healthcare system are commonplace, but they can be much reduced by improving the relationship between doctors and nurses.

today.mims.com

2 Oct 2016 - General

Tahira Nawaz I agree. A lot of conflict arise from lack of communication, that’s why its important to establish a good professional relationship with other members of the healthcare team. ...
 (Total 145 words)
I think that one of the major factors which can happen is the difference in 'level' between doctors and nurses. There may be doctors who consider themselves 'above' nurses, and therefore find it difficult to listen to the advice of nu...
 (Total 81 words)
I agree with the last sentence of the article. All collisions can be avoided if we always act and think in the best interest of our patients. I would like to add that disagreements can be avoided if there is a clear delineation of work. Doctors are a...
 (Total 149 words)
An effective workplace communication is very necessary in order to maintain a healthier collaboration among all healthcare professionals. When there are miscommunication and poor collaboration between different health care professionals it may lead t...
 (Total 123 words)
In any workplace, it is unavoidable to have professional differences. In clinical practice, its common to have varying opinions. A lot of times even doctors themselves disagree on patient management. In my personal experience, there are times when ne...
 (Total 106 words)