General

Why Vitamin E Oil May Be Good for Your Skin?

Created by:

3 Oct 2016 - General

As indicated by its vitamin classification, vitamin E is a nutrient to the skin. The National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements (ODS) explains that it is an antioxidant that helps neutralize free radicals, which damage cells and might contribute to cardiovascular disease and cancer, reactive oxygen species (ROS) formed in the body when it converts food to energy, and environmental exposures such as pollution and ultraviolet radiation. 

Although it is often debated in the wellness community whether or not vitamin E is truly is effective for your skin, the ODS says some of its functions can be beneficial. “The mechanisms by which vitamin E might provide this protection include its function as an antioxidant and its roles in anti-inflammatory processes, inhibition of platelet aggregation and immune enhancement.”

It is recommended that when purchasing a skincare product with vitamin E, you should look for one that has vitamin E combined with other antioxidants.vitamin C and CoEnzyme Q10, as antioxidants work best in blends.

We are all aware that Vitamin E, is the "vitamin for the skin". Theekshana Abayawickrama as you mentioned that you had personal experience with a fairness cream, I wonder if you h...
 (Total 109 words)
Vitamin E is used in many of the anti ageing creams. I have personally heard from many of my friends and relatives that vitamin E products along with vitamin C and especially co-enzyme Q10 give excellent results against wrinkles and other ageing sign...
 (Total 116 words)
The use of different vitamins, minerals and other chemical compounds have been in much debate, but although we can't describe it completely with science, there really is some benefit in using these products. I myself have experienced this when I ...
 (Total 101 words)