General
Embarrassing things that you should never post about your patients on social media

Embarrassing things that you should never post about your patients on social media

Shared by:

The advent of social media has brought about much change to the medical profession, especially when it comes to doctor-patient relationships. In the midst of their frustration and stress, some medical professionals have taken to social media to rant about patient behavior, and in doing so unintentionally breaching their patient’s confidentiality boundary.

today.mims.com

3 Oct 2016 - General

Personally, I keep patient information to myself. I will not risk breaching doctor-patient interaction for a few number of "likes" or "views" either. Honestly, I am hesistant too to even take pictures of patients. This is my perso...
 (Total 130 words)
As the call of our profession says, we we had taken an oath to provide due respect and maintain confidentiality at all times. Not just in the medical field but in all aspects. Who would want to divulge any personal information over the public most es...
 (Total 150 words)
As the call of our profession says, we we had taken an oath to provide due respect and maintain confidentiality at all times. Not just in the medical field but in all aspects. Who would want to divulge any personal information over the public most es...
 (Total 150 words)
I have friends who are nurses and doctors, and so far, I haven't seen any of them post the things mentioned in the article. It's a very good thing that these friends of mine who are HCPs are careful with what they share on social media. These...
 (Total 129 words)
When a patient is admitted to the hospital, we are bound to make sure to not to breach the details about the patients to the outside world. Those are private and confidential. According to my opinion, only the relatives and the people who are close t...
 (Total 122 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto As long as the patient's identity remains protected, then I don't see any reason why you should not post it. I also like documenting surgeries, scans and unus...
 (Total 191 words)
I don't know how guilty I am with this, but I sometimes post funny conversations I have with patients. Like when after I extracted 5 teeth on a boy and his mom urged him to say goodbye and thank you to me, he grumpily complained, "Why will I...
 (Total 182 words)