General

Ultramarathon

Created by:

3 Oct 2016 - General

A traditional marathon has a length of 42km. Anything more than that is considered an ultramarathon already. In these type of running activites, there are two different categories: distance running and timed running. Personally, I prefer distance running because it builds endurance rather than strength. I also liked timed running, but I'm not very keen on improving my speed. Running an ultramarathon is definitely one of my goals in life! Just that I have to find time to train for a marathon first. The most that I have joined is a 10km fun run…and that was already 2 years ago. How about you? Do you have any fitness goals? Do you like running? What's your exercise regimen?

I cannot do marathons because I cannot run long distances. I'm sure that could be learned, but when I used to run in my track team, I was a sprinter. Anyway, apart from running, dancing is something I really enjoy and that used to be my workout regimen but since I moved clinics I've also moved gyms. My building, fortunately, has boxing gym on the top floor and I've been boxing for nine months now and I really enjoy it. I used to be too weak for circuit but I've already gained str...
 (Total 139 words)
Kathleen Peralta given how busy our work is and especially since you have a kid the clock just doesn't seem to have enough time on it to do everything. Though we truly can still squeeze in exercises for it all highly depends on determination. When you start and get into the groove your body will definitely look for it. My personal determination is to remain healthy and, not to be overly reliant on technology,...
 (Total 127 words)
Jennifer Winter Running is really a good exercise and a way to relax. When I was a student, I run at least 3x a week after classes in the university field. Although back then I'm not able to track the speed and distance, but at a steady pace I usually run for 30-45 mins. Now, its really hard to find time for it, plus my current situation makes it inconvenient for me to run. ...
 (Total 165 words)
Before I got pregnant, I used to run (offroad) for more than 5 km once or twice a week but it was 3 years ago. Fast forward to last year, I joined a 5 km run for a charity without any training which wasn't too bad. My mind wants to exercise but my body seems to not want to. I've downloaded yoga apps and started doing the high intensity 7 minute workout challenge but I was never consistent. I find it really difficult. I hope someone can enlighten me in getting back into running/exercise. ...
 (Total 110 words)
I run as well :) I don't however train or put enough effort to try and improve my speed. I do like to be able to maintain a pace though. It hasn't improved much but it stays steady. The longest I have done is a half marathon. I have done a couple since last year and I do enjoy running them. Now that I am going to be more busy I don't think I will be doing any long distances. My personal goal per week is to run at between 5-10km at either 5km once a week or 5km twice a week. My fitbit...
 (Total 136 words)
Marinelle Castro Exercise can help prevent excess weight gain or help maintain weight loss. When you engage in physical activity, you burn calories. The more intense the activity, the more calories you burn.
being active boosts high-density lipoprotein (HDL), or "good," cholesterol and decreases unhealthy triglycerides. This one-two punch keeps your blood flowing smoothly, which decreases your risk...
 (Total 143 words)