General
10 latest medical devices and wearables for patients and healthcare professionals

10 latest medical devices and wearables for patients and healthcare professionals

Shared by:

Medical devices and health wearables have been the latest tools to help busy people keep track of their lifestyle. Many doctors have also taken these devices on board to improve the quality of patient care.

today.mims.com

3 Oct 2016 - General

Kathleen Peralta Regarding the Sweatronics, there have been some concerns by people about whether or not the technology is actually possible. However, when it comes to science, you'll never know unless you try, and if it does come to reality, then it will be very useful for multiple reasons.

Theekshana Abayawickrama I...
 (Total 140 words)
Out of all 10 mentioned, I like the Sweatronics the most. But then, the company is still working on this product/device and this could turn into reality or maybe not. If ever it comes to life following extensive research, it would be beneficial especially on diagnostic side of medicine as this device is aiming to provide clues to a number of conditions. Second on my list is the echocardiogram patches for the sole reason of what it is aim to do. Lastly, the OvulaRing as this wearable device coul...
 (Total 99 words)
I recently shared an article that said, using wearable devices when you are exercising may actually reduce the amount of exercise one has because the information that is provided by these high tech gadgets may even mislead, or demotivate a person from engaging in physical activities. I still doubt it though. I don't use a fitness tracker myself because I do not work out much, but my feeling is they they should make a difference. We should wait till there is more evidence. The other medical d...
 (Total 102 words)
I recently shared an article that said, using wearable devices when you are exercising may actually reduce the amount of exercise one has because the information that is provided by these high tech gadgets may even mislead, or demotivate a person from engaging in physical activities. I still doubt it though. I don't use a fitness tracker myself because I do not work out much, but my feeling is they they should make a difference. We should wait till there is more evidence. The other medical d...
 (Total 102 words)
I like the hydration monitor and health biosensor along with insulin pump, oximeter, and accelerometer. I suffer from dehydration most the time due to less focusing on my body signals for more water demands. So hydration meter will help me to remain alert about my internal body water levels. Similarly, health biosensor will be helpful in tracking the lifestyle of individuals by tracking heart rate, respiratory rate, body posture and skin temperature. It can also detect the falling posture of an ...
 (Total 107 words)
A number of these devices/ wearables are quite the breakthroughs, as they may without a doubt truly benefit patients, especially those who need constant monitoring. Among these would be the devices mentioned in numbers 1, 2 and 8. It’s also interesting to note that some of these devices are already FDA approved, and thus may be able to truly be reliable products for what they intend to do or treat. Others which are still waiting for FDA approval are also somewhat amazing, though one can be a bit...
 (Total 179 words)