General
UN: Attacks on Syrian hospital and medical workers amounts to “war crimes”

UN: Attacks on Syrian hospital and medical workers amounts to “war crimes”

Shared by:

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, in denouncing a surge of ‘horrific attacks’ on medical personnel and facilities in war-torn Syrian, called for decisive actions to hold the perpetrators accountable.

today.mims.com

4 Oct 2016 - General

Marinelle Castro I have surely noticed the soaring levels of tension on the social media among the different cultures and religions. The social media was created primarily to abolish the walls of differences between people. Sadly, in the sake of fame and punch of likes, many people play on the emotions of their followers by generalizing a judgement on a whole other nation due to a few examples he/she heard of. Ta...
 (Total 152 words)
Heena Pohani I pray to god too to end this ugly war soon. Last month, the UN organized an aid convoy with trucks destined for eastern Aleppo, where an estimated 250,000 civilians have been short of food, medicine and water. The aid convoy was hit in its way in the west of Aleppo, where a warehouse belonging to the Syrian Arab Red Crescent also was struck. The attack prompted the United Nations to halt its aid op...
 (Total 161 words)
There's too much hate in the world these days. I'm not sure if you noticed it but the combination of advancements in technology, communication and warfare makes everything worse. More and more people engage in terrorism and there has been a progressive increase in the number of attacks. So many poor and innocent people have lost their loved ones, or worse, their lives. A few months ago I remember seeing that photo of a young boy named, "Omran" who survived an attack. He was pul...
 (Total 144 words)
The Syrian attacks are taking the worst track in terms of humanity. The condition of civilians is already very poor and moreover, such attacks on hospitals are a symbol of inhuman nature. As UN and other governing organizations are indulging in this matter to solve it out, still the conditions that people are facing there is definitely unimaginable. I believe, every human has basic rights and even those in the war zones have the right to health. Some strict measures should be enforced in such ca...
 (Total 118 words)
It is indeed a war crime. Hospitals, of course, enjoy a special protected status under international humanitarian law. It is a war crime deliberately to attack a hospital or other medical unit, whether civilian or military. The humanitarian and medical crisis in Syria is unprecedented within the last few decades. Medically speaking, the statistics are horrifying. since the beginning of the war in 2011, more than 470,000 have been killed. The vast majority of them were caused by violence, while ...
 (Total 138 words)