General
A new treatment appears to have erased HIV from a patient’s blood

A new treatment appears to have erased HIV from a patient’s blood

Shared by:

The first of 50 patients to complete a trial for a new HIV treatment in the UK is showing no signs of the virus in his blood.

www.sciencealert.com

5 Oct 2016 - General

This sounds promising. Although we have to qualify what " has no traces left of HIV" means. Does that mean that the viral load is zero? If so then this is really a remarkable discovery. I really hope it would progress and eventually lead to a cure. In my country, the statistics are very alarming. In fact, the local health sector considers is an epidemic and they estimated that at least 25 people get infected on a daily basis. So, we are in dire need of a cure - that is reasonably price...
 (Total 118 words)
The other day, the article that I shared was about the development of a vaccine for common old. Well, today what was posted in the health section of Science-alert is even more exciting. A treatment for HIV also might be just around the corner. 50 patients who have had a experimental drug has been found to be virus free after the course of treatment. We still can't say with 100% certainty that the virus is completely cured because it is possible that with high serum levels of antivirals, the ...
 (Total 118 words)