General
Survey finds 60% of Malaysians do not know how babies are born, as sex education set to begin in schools

Survey finds 60% of Malaysians do not know how babies are born, as sex education set to begin in schools

Shared by:

Malaysia is set to introduce sex education in schools this month amidst local survey results that showed a poor grasp of the issue among respondents.

today.mims.com

5 Oct 2016 - General

I think I've mentioned it here before, but when I was in College I became friends with this girl and I found out she just gave birth. Anyway, we were 18-20 at that time and I was so shocked when she told me that prior to the act, she knew that SEX is the act that makes babies but she had no idea that what she and her boyfriend were doing was the "act" already. That was so weird for me because we were in College and in Dentistry school, so I was expecting she had some fascination wi...
 (Total 185 words)
I find it alarming that there is an increasing rate of teen moms in malaysia. And whats surprising is, they are not even knowlegeable of its probable results. My views in sex education is, it should be taught for teenagers who are capable of understanding the difference between right and wrong. It is not about promoting sex to those who will be exposed to this topic, but instead the sole purpose of sex education is to instill awareness that having sex is exposing yourself to have a baby and as ...
 (Total 125 words)