General
DOH: Exclusive breastfeeding compliance rate only 24.7%

DOH: Exclusive breastfeeding compliance rate only 24.7%

Shared by:

The latest statistics show that a little less than a quarter of Filipino mothers who give birth breastfeed their babies exclusively for at least six months, a situation the Department of Health wants to rectify in order to reduce under-five child deaths.

today.mims.com

5 Oct 2016 - General

I, too, am very surprised that this compliance rate is low, especially here in the Philippines where there are many below the poverty line. Also, I’ve seen the efforts of the health care clinics, government health personnel, and government hospitals ...
 (Total 186 words)
I was not aware that the compliance rate was this low. When I was a medical student and an intern, in all the hospitals I've rotated at, its almost mandatory to breastfeed the baby shortly after birth. Although I am not sure whether this is still...
 (Total 120 words)
Breast milk is always the best choice for babies. It provides the ideal nutrition for infants. It has a antibodies, vitamins, protein, and fat; everything your baby needs to grow. And it's all provided in a form more easily digested than a formul...
 (Total 170 words)