General
What is it like to not recognise anyone at all?

What is it like to not recognise anyone at all?

Shared by:

Prosopagnosia is a neuropsychological condition where the part of the brain that recognises faces fails to develop.

today.mims.com

6 Oct 2016 - General

I have never heard of this before, this is very interesting condition. Both types are as frustrating, whether you were born with it or not, but I suppose someone who used to not have a problem identifying people by their faces will find it harder to ...
 (Total 118 words)
First thing I remembered from the topic is the movie "50 First Date". Anyway, this disease condition is quite rare and I've never encountered an isolated prosopagnosia in my clinical practice. This should be distinguished from cognitive...
 (Total 138 words)
Whether traumatic or inherited, a person with prosopagnosia may avoid social interaction and develop social anxiety disorder and fear social situations. Someone with prosopagnosia may worry that they appear rude or disinterested when they fail to rec...
 (Total 109 words)
Our brain is controlling our all daily routine activities because the brain is a command center of the nervous system. Basically, it is composed of soft nervous tissues present in the skull. A little damage to these nervous tissues produces irreversi...
 (Total 125 words)