General
Nurses: Know your occupational hazards and minimise your exposure

Nurses: Know your occupational hazards and minimise your exposure

Shared by:

Nursing is one of the most hazardous occupations. The potential environmental or occupational hazards that have been recognised include infectious disease, toxic substance and radiation.

today.mims.com

6 Oct 2016 - General

That is true Mr Jemar Nicdao . You have to protect yourself first prior facing your patients. That is why, we nurses are knowlegeable enough on what to prepare in a certain diseases. Lets say the patient is diagnose for aids. We are making sure that personal protective equipments are prepared prior facing our patients. Mask, gloves, gowns for an instance, and eye protection are the things needed to prepare to p...
 (Total 95 words)
"As nurses, although caring for your patients is your main concern, you are also responsible for your own health and safety." Spot on. Nurses, just like any other professionals, need to be very mindful of their well-being during their shifts.

With regards to the hazards mentioned in the article, I am most concerned with the contaminated needles. See, I'm a very clumsy person and oftentimes I get myself pricked by needles just by sewing a tiny little button on my shirt. Tha...
 (Total 98 words)