General
Warning given over children using complementary therapies - BBC News

Warning given over children using complementary therapies - BBC News

Shared by:

Doctors are warning of the dangers of giving children complementary therapies after a four-year-old boy ended up in A&E after taking holistic supplements.

www.bbc.com

7 Oct 2016 - General

I agree with you Dc. Marinelle Castro . Especially people here in our place. They prefer seeking help from assumed to be doctors. They are taking medications with out Bfad approve which causes them to acquire unwanted diseases. My aunt is best example for this. She was advised to take a certain drug which in the end made her suffer of having an Urinary Tract Infection. By then she learned her lesson. She didn'...
 (Total 100 words)
Unfortunately, its very common for people to prefer "holistic" or natural therapies rather than seek professional medical opinion. Perhaps its the notion that "natural" is always safe. In our country, this practice is prevalent because I still see some patients who would consult after trying herbal medications. Aside from the possible toxic side effects of these natural medications, a lot times it causes significant delay in obtaining the appropriate treatment which leads to ...
 (Total 152 words)