General
World’s first dengue vaccine approved by HSA for use in Singapore

World’s first dengue vaccine approved by HSA for use in Singapore

Shared by:

The dengue vaccine approved by the Singaporean Health Sciences Authority will be made available in a few months.

today.mims.com

7 Oct 2016 - General

This is such a blessing to each and everyone most especially here in the Philippines. These past few months which are considered as the rainy season, dengue has been outrageous in every hospitals targeting all ages of life. I was once a victim of dengue when I was younger and I think I need to be vaccinated by this as soon as I can. Knowing that the effect is greater on those being infected of 81% than 38% compared to those who are not. This should be readily available to the people and I hope s...
 (Total 139 words)
It is really a great news specially for my country. Dengue is very common in Dhaka and I get many patients with it. Though incidence of hemorrhagic dengue fever has been reduced in last few years, it is not uncommon. And hemorrhagic dengue fever may lead to Dengue Shock Syndrome and eventually death. Classical dengue fever is still very common presentation and I think many people will like to get vaccinated. However, the vaccine is still new and further investigation is required about its safet...
 (Total 85 words)
It is really a great news specially for my country. Dengue is very common in Dhaka and I get many patients with it. Though incidence of hemorrhagic dengue fever has been reduced in last few years, it is not uncommon. And hemorrhagic dengue fever may lead to Dengue Shock Syndrome and eventually death. Classical dengue fever is still very common presentation and I think many people will like to get vaccinated. However, the vaccine is still new and further investigation is required about its safet...
 (Total 85 words)
This vaccine has been just released so there is still a lot of data need to be collected in order to know the exact efficacy of the vaccine and the side effects with after market surveys. In pakistan dengue is also very common and has been proving fatal in a lot of patients. Even now i have a patient in my care who is a diagnosed case of dengue hemorrhagic fever and has developed MOF(Multi Organ Failure) with DIC(Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation) . Hopefully he recovers . This vaccine will...
 (Total 109 words)
Hi doc Maria Cristina Inserto . I heard it is already available here in our country? But i am not sure of it. Because one of my friend mentioned me about this vaccine days ago. I was surprised with the news that we already have dengue vaccine since it is very common here in our country especially during rainy season. This will surely lessen that number of dengue cases. And i hope that it will be made available and...
 (Total 110 words)
This is a good thing, and hopefully this could be made available in the Philippines. Annual dengue outbreaks have become a norm and if Singapore does not have much need for it, in terms of prevalence, hopefully this could be made available to countries facing a higher risk. Maybe it is still too early, and I'm sure refinement and development will improve the action of the vaccine, so I remain hopeful it will see improvement. As the article discusses: "Dengvaxia, is effective at reducing...
 (Total 183 words)