General
Staycation for healthcare professionals: How you can make it meaningful

Staycation for healthcare professionals: How you can make it meaningful

Shared by:

For healthcare professionals who do not often have the luxury of taking very long breaks away from work, a staycation is a great alternative to going away for vacation.

today.mims.com

7 Oct 2016 - General

I always choose something that can provide relaxation for myself and my partner. Usually to a nice fancy hotel that provides spa sessions for customers. In the midst of our busy schedule, we should all take a break and relax. There are now many hotels around the globe that can provide these services. Apart from having a nice pool and restaurant or bar, Hotels that are located near attraction areas such as amusement park such as the Hard Rock hotel in Sentosa in Singapore is a nice experience to ...
 (Total 121 words)
Jemar Nicdao The point of a Staycation is to make it feel as much like a real family getaway as possible, without leaving the comfort of your own home. Thus, to make sure the whole family is on the same page, it is good to start with some ground rules that everyone can agree on. Start with deciding exactly when your vacation at home starts and ends, and then set a few guidelines for what your family may and may...
 (Total 128 words)
Yes. I think from time to time, you just have to detach from reality and really REST. Once I had a similar discussion about vacays with a friend he asked me what I'd prefer and I said, it really depends. Because there are times when you're eager for exploring and you have to be on the mood because it is physically demanding and often leaves you more tired, after. It is good only when you're craving for something new and something adventurous but it is not always the case. A second ty...
 (Total 181 words)
This is true most especially when you have limited time to enjoy your vacay. This is great tips to enjoy by staying at home. Thinking that sudden long vacation in healthcare professionals is not possible unless you have requested it months ago. This is one way resting your pockets, at the same time resting your mind from stress. Such a great combo to enjoy your short vacay. No worries for the expenses and you are able to relax and enjoy your free time. Disconnecting your gadgets, reading your fa...
 (Total 131 words)
Having very hectic schedules and a stressful work load, I’m sure that many health care professionals would jump at the chance to go on a vacation. Well, as this isn’t really possible every time, a staycation would be just as precious to us. :D Just staying home and getting comfy with a book, a TV series, or a movie marathon would seem indulgent after one of those busy weeks. Maybe even doing a home spa and pampering yourself would be a great idea! I for one would just love to stay home, finish a...
 (Total 108 words)
The life of a healthcare professional is so hectic that the distinction between a vacation and a rest day becomes blurry! Given the time, I'd do something adventurous or go to the beach (if the weather permits it). I really like hanging out on the shore, lying on a beach chair, being immobile! Nothing beats the sound leaves rustling, the cool wind mixed with the warmth of the sun and the sound of the waves. Before subspecialty training, I used to frequent this private beach resort about 2 ho...
 (Total 135 words)
Jemar Nicdao: I love the great outdoors as well but there are just some days I enjoy being a hermit by just staying at home and living in peace for a day. Many people suggest that unplugging from technology gives you a certain freedom and sense of great relief. Seeing as we are very intertwined now in the web of technology it would seem very difficult. Fortunately the article did suggest that we don't comple...
 (Total 141 words)