General

Cinnamon allergy!

Created by:

8 Oct 2016 - General

Cinnamon is a famous type of added food to enhance the taste and the smell of the meal and it is being widely used all over the world. But there are cases reported for cinnamon allergy and it is better to have an idea about the symptoms and the modalities of the treatment of the condition. The usual symptoms of cinnamon allergy are Nausea, Stomach pain, Diarrhea,Vomiting,Tingling, itching or swelling of the face or other parts of the body,Difficulty in breathing,Hives,Dizziness,Fainting,Rashes, inflammation, irritation, or blistering of the skin. There is a serious complication associated with the allergy which is anaphylaxis and should be treated immediately and if not addressed the person can get in to coma and then into the death. So it is always better to practise prevention.

Rajinda Asalage It is aweful to have cinnamon allergy as it has many health benefits to consumers.
Cinnamon has been proven to fight fungal, bacterial, and viral elements in foods, thus preventing spoilage. It’s no surprise that in the Middle Ages, when food spoilage was far more frequent due to lack of refrigeration, many recipes, both sweet and savory, were flavored with the spice.
But these properties ...
 (Total 192 words)
Spice allergies are rare with an estimated incidence of less then 1%. However, this may be poorly documented because some people do not seek medical treatment for conditions that are self-limiting. Cinnamon allergy is rare in my region and I have never encountered any patient with this form of allergy. However according to my readings, there are some people who present with contact allergy to cinnamon bark. In one study, there were food handlers that presented with symptoms of delayed contact al...
 (Total 118 words)
There are different kinds of allergies, and they can manifest as a simple itching to life threatening anaphylaxis. One can get allergic to almost anything in the environment. The allergy that I am mostly astonished about is allergy to water. Yes, there are people who are allergic to water! It even has its own name, aquagenic urticaria, and there are videos on youtube of some girls who say how it is like to being allergic to water, the substance that 60% of the human body is made of. Thankfully, ...
 (Total 116 words)
Allergy to any type of food is a disgusting issue for the patients.The best way to prevent the complications is to avoid that food. It is not only true for cinnamon but also for any type of food allergy. However, cinnamon refers to several species of tree barks who are member of the Genus cinnamomum. I am not sure whether the reported cases of allergies are specific to a certain species or not.
It is being used as a spice from ancient period. It has some beneficial effects too. It contains a...
 (Total 116 words)
Cinnamon is a great add-on for any recipe. Its aroma and spice can help a dish transition from good to great. We often find this favorite spice in apple pies, pastries, and even coffee-based drinks. Cinnamon also gives a certain taste that reminds you of Christmas. I looked into why cinnamon causes allergic reaction and it seems like idiosyncratic in most cases. It has low protein content that makes it less likely to cause anaphylaxis. However, there have been documented allergic reactions espec...
 (Total 120 words)
Cinnamon is present in multiple bakeries food including pastries and in numerous restaurants’ food to enhance the taste. It is very difficult to detect Cinnamon allergy because it is present in most of the foods without notice. Severe cinnamon allergy may lead to skin dermatitis, facial swelling, stomach upset and anaphylactic shock. Cinnamon is equally common in adults and children although it does not come in common food allergies but it can cause severe allergic reaction. Cinnamon allergy res...
 (Total 105 words)