General
Do you really need eight glasses a day? Study challenges idea of mandatory water intake

Do you really need eight glasses a day? Study challenges idea of mandatory water intake

Shared by:

For the first time, the mechanism that regulates fluid intake in the human body and stops us from over-drinking has been revealed by researchers. Over-drinking can cause potentially fatal water intoxication. The study challenges the popular idea that we should drink eight glasses of water a day for health.

www.sciencedaily.com

8 Oct 2016 - General

Well everyone did talk about should 8 glasses of water be taken or not. Mostly in favour. But don't other food items that we take regular also have water content that can replenish our water needs? In the region i live for instance , there is hu...
 (Total 134 words)
Yes of course. Water is the main component of the human body. It is much needed in every anabolic process in the body. It is the main component of the circulatory blood which gives a medium for transport of oxygen, nutrients and metabolites. Intake o...
 (Total 106 words)
There are plenty of confusing items stated in the article. First of all, swallowing is not entirely a reflex, I agree that there's an involuntary phase of swallowing, but swallowing is a volitional act. Second, I am not sure what is the value of ...
 (Total 152 words)
Great topic for discussion here Tahira Nawaz .Honestly, I am perplexed with why this study has been done. First and foremost, eight glasses (250ml each) of water will only provide 2 liters ...
 (Total 162 words)
Moderation in eating and drinking is the key to healthy life. A new research has revealed that over drinking of water can cause potentially fatal water intoxication. It is recommended to drink eight glass of water daily because ‘swallowing inhibition...
 (Total 115 words)