General
One in three Malaysians have mental health problems as government action plan to be unveiled

One in three Malaysians have mental health problems as government action plan to be unveiled

Shared by:

In conjunction with World Mental Health Day, we take a look at the growing mental health woes in Malaysia and how the government is proposing to address the problem.

today.mims.com

10 Oct 2016 - General

Md Shamim Reza Mostly, they are stress related disorders such as anxiety and depression due to the daily stressful lifestyle. I agree with you that with sufficient survey, the statistics in other countries would be similar to those in Malaysia. That is why I do not see the numbers in Malaysia as only alarming but also promising to address and treat the situation properly. I am rather impressed with the effort exe...
 (Total 125 words)
Oh!! Really?? If the statistics is right, then it is really alarming. One third of the population is mentally ill, this is a big problem indeed. However, what type of mental illness is prevalent there? I hope most of them are suffering from neurotic mental disorder and they should never be marked as mad. I appreciate the program taken by government . The plans should be implemented properly to combat the situation. Especially the plans to reduce social stress, alleviating causes are very import...
 (Total 119 words)
This is big news indeed. I can say that this is a big step forward in the right direction. Announcing that third of the Malaysian population have mental health problems reveals how stressful the school and work life are in Malaysia. First of all, I prefer using the term “psychiatric” instead of “mental health problems” and of course instead of mental illness” as these names make it easy to stigmatize the psychiatric patients. Sadly, the suicidal rate is on the rise. During my study in the univ...
 (Total 147 words)