General
Doctors: Are you aware of the spiritual needs of your patients?

Doctors: Are you aware of the spiritual needs of your patients?

Shared by:

Spiritual care is getting increasingly recognized in health sectors and by government bodies. Most patients have spiritual care needs that need to be attended to. Do you know about your patients'?

today.mims.com

10 Oct 2016 - General

Project Luke Foundation was established with the purpose of providing holistic approach in providing health care to patients of poor communities all over the Philippines. On top of the usual way of conducting medical missions ()Registration, Vital S...
 (Total 179 words)
Yes, I agree with you Habiba Twakkol, if it means praying with the family, you need to empathize with their needs and respect their beliefs, even if it is different from yours. Yes, of cour...
 (Total 78 words)
So far, all the doctors I encountered recognized their patients' spiritual needs. It's pretty common, especially for a country like the Philippines, for healthcare professionals to be religious. I'm actually very grateful that Filipino do...
 (Total 52 words)
A good topic to discuss about and a rare topic, being discussed among health care professionals. I am working in a childrens hospital where this issue is not much addressed. According to my view this issue is applicable in adult patients mostly. But ...
 (Total 105 words)
Maria Cristina Inserto Part of providing for the spiritual needs of your patients involves being willing to participate in their spiritual practices when requested. Be willing to be present ...
 (Total 133 words)
It's a nice topic for discussion. In this busy world, doctors and other healthcare professionals many times fail to diagnose the disease on the whole. I believe that there is some psychological factor attached to many diseases and if we as doctor...
 (Total 198 words)
I believe in this and it does not have to be a subtle nor a forceful way to "make disciples", but simply comforting and providing the unrealized spiritual needs of a patient. My small group leader in church is an OB and she's told us ma...
 (Total 216 words)