General

Verbal Diarrhea on Social Media

Created by:

10 Oct 2016 - General

This year, our country appointed a new President. As you might already know, he is gaining popularity because of his unconventional way of expressing himself (cursing at Pres Obama, UN and EU) and his war against drug addiction in the country. Unfortunately, this is dividing our nation into fanatics that support him, and those who finds his ways immoral. This problem is becoming so serious because people tend to express their opinions in social media. Some even go to the extent of personally attacking others because they don't agree with their opinion. This whole verbal diarrhea in the social media community is bothersome to the point that I considered deleting my social media account.

What do you think of online bashing and cyberbullying? Is it a problem in your region? Is it too late to quit social media?

Heena Pohani I’m sorry to hear that people react that way to different opinions. So its really that bad huh? People cannot tolerate another's opinion resorting to communal riots! Am i ...
 (Total 139 words)
Oh this is a nice topic. Just so you know, I am a Pro-Duterte supporter and I agree with you on the attack because it is so painful to see things all over the internet. My problem with this issue is that it feels as though people are not allowed to h...
 (Total 239 words)
@Marinelle Castro - This is the problem in India too. I believe online bashing and cyberbullying is prevalent in most of the developed and developing nations. The scenario you presented is that of a political event. However, even for minor events lik...
 (Total 112 words)