General
Lack of funds leads to suspension of clinical laboratory tests in Malaysian hospitals

Lack of funds leads to suspension of clinical laboratory tests in Malaysian hospitals

Shared by:

Unable to purchase reagents due to inadequate funds, clinical laboratories in Malaysia have notified of a temporary halt of laboratory investigations, which the Health DG assures it is addressing.

today.mims.com

10 Oct 2016 - General

This is just sad to read about. Lab tests are part of diagnosis and monitoring, and I can’t imagine a hospital not being able to have even just the basic lab tests available to patients. I wonder how doctors can accurately diagnose patient conditions without such tests. Sure, physical assessment can do, but having diagnostic tests is very critical in certain situations. Here in the Philippines, I’ve heard of medications not being available in public hospitals, but having to do without lab tests ...
 (Total 119 words)
I have a different take on this story. Difficult times do come on all nations and great nations face the odds with unity and firm determination so that eventually they come out of the testing times easily. Malaysia is an asia giant and its economy failing is a sad situation to see, but before we right away paint a dismal picture, we should see what are the causes of this problem. Is Malaysia going into recession or is it plain mismanagement? Is it that some countries have restricted trade with M...
 (Total 211 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz that is what happen when a country passes through a drop in it's economy , limitations will be everywhere and in each sector, in our country we experience the same situations.
Laboratory tests is the seed for any growing invention, it is not like a medical service that has been stopped, I believe that with out lab tests, no progression the country will have.
If they try to find a way...
 (Total 129 words)
It is a sad news! Although it is the same situation with many laboratories in India too. Supply of funds is an essential factor in the healthcare sector. I believe the system as in many western countries should be followed. In countries like Netherlands, everyone is liable to pay a portion of income for the person's healthcare. It is compulsory for everyone to pay it. If every citizen pays some amount from his or her salary towards the healthcare, then it is possible that the situation in t...
 (Total 130 words)
This is a shocking news for the Malaysian government. Cost cutting from other departments coming from the government can be acceptable but for the health care services, this is quite dangerous. Funds for infrastructures and housing can be lessened but it's a sad scenario that cutting the allowances for the medications is such a helpless case. Everyone should get some help from the government or other sources of income to support their healthcare system. The stocks and supplies should cover t...
 (Total 164 words)
It is such a pity to hear this from a general perspective. All the effort to put things together all these years have all gone to waste. Citizens and medical staff should all provide support and encouragement to the government so that they can provide more funds to the hospital in need. As this hospital are providing endless help to those in need. Citizens in that zone will be affected by this and emergency care time will be affected leading to more casualties not receiving what is needed. Also ...
 (Total 106 words)
Sadly, lack of funds has led to many cuts in the Malaysian health service. Starting with the freeze on taking any foreign doctors into the government sector then freezing a big part of the flying medical service to the remote areas in the jungle and now some clinical tests!! Due to the low Oil prices, the government is trying to decrease the expenses through shrinking the budget of many services including the health sector. There is a growing criticism against the financial policies recently and...
 (Total 126 words)