General
Lack of funds leads to suspension of clinical laboratory tests in Malaysian hospitals

Lack of funds leads to suspension of clinical laboratory tests in Malaysian hospitals

Shared by:

Unable to purchase reagents due to inadequate funds, clinical laboratories in Malaysia have notified of a temporary halt of laboratory investigations, which the Health DG assures it is addressing.

today.mims.com

10 Oct 2016 - General

This is just sad to read about. Lab tests are part of diagnosis and monitoring, and I can’t imagine a hospital not being able to have even just the basic lab tests available to patients. I wonder how doctors can accurately diagnose patient conditions...
 (Total 119 words)
I have a different take on this story. Difficult times do come on all nations and great nations face the odds with unity and firm determination so that eventually they come out of the testing times easily. Malaysia is an asia giant and its economy fa...
 (Total 211 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz that is what happen when a country passes through a drop in it's economy , limitations will be everywhere and in each sector, in our country we experience the same sit...
 (Total 129 words)
It is a sad news! Although it is the same situation with many laboratories in India too. Supply of funds is an essential factor in the healthcare sector. I believe the system as in many western countries should be followed. In countries like Netherl...
 (Total 130 words)
Let us compare the WHO Health Care measurement statistics 2016. Malaysia spending 4.2 precent of GDP for healthcare. When comared Apr 2016 and July 2016, the GDP percent growth are 1 and 0.7. I am not a statistician to compare, but it makes me sense ...
 (Total 71 words)
This is a shocking news for the Malaysian government. Cost cutting from other departments coming from the government can be acceptable but for the health care services, this is quite dangerous. Funds for infrastructures and housing can be lessened bu...
 (Total 164 words)
It is such a pity to hear this from a general perspective. All the effort to put things together all these years have all gone to waste. Citizens and medical staff should all provide support and encouragement to the government so that they can provid...
 (Total 106 words)
Sadly, lack of funds has led to many cuts in the Malaysian health service. Starting with the freeze on taking any foreign doctors into the government sector then freezing a big part of the flying medical service to the remote areas in the jungle and ...
 (Total 126 words)