General
Getting Started in Telemedicine

Getting Started in Telemedicine

Shared by:

Dr. Jennifer Winter explains why she chose to enter the field of telemedicine and provides advice to those who are considering taking their first step into telemedicine.

today.mims.com

11 Oct 2016 - General

Jennifer Winter Oh, nice to hear we have common friends! Yes, Baguio is small :) Hope you're doing great with your residency! And yes, hopefully telepharmacy, along with telemedicine an...
 (Total 43 words)
Lianne Marie Victoria Laruan I am remaining hopeful for telehealth to extend more here. Telepharmacy though is something I really want to happen first though. A lot of time and effort would ...
 (Total 90 words)
I agree that telemedicine may have its limitations in terms of physical assessment, but it is a great way to provide medical care to those who do not have the means of visiting the hospital or a healthcare clinic. It is a practical way of giving medi...
 (Total 126 words)
My job requires me to do a lot of telemedicine and it helps many in terms of saving time and effort. As i am working in remote sites, providing medical care is hard for some and we do require telemedicine available for our staffs. I think telemedicin...
 (Total 125 words)
Mahmoud AbdelAziz
According to studies, telemedicine may save money, both for the person receiving treatment and for the provider, when compared to traditional care. For this to be tru...
 (Total 206 words)
Definitely a helpful article for those who want to venture into telemedicine as an alternative! It can even be an add-on to the traditional physician practice where doctors can practice telemedicine after clinic hours for additional income or experie...
 (Total 119 words)
Jennifer Winter This is way better and a wise choice for nurses. Can save our energy physically and gets us away from stress. I never heard about telenursing here in the Philippines. I'...
 (Total 48 words)
I also had some interests to telemedicine. But I failed to manage a good settlement for that. And it is not so popular in my area too. A few telemedicine or teleconsultation company is growing in our country. But in my opinion, though it is interest...
 (Total 85 words)
I also had some interests to telemedicine. But I failed to manage a good settlement for that. And it is not so popular in my area too. A few telemedicine or teleconsultation company is growing in our country. But in my opinion, though it is interest...
 (Total 85 words)
No problem Mahmoud AbdelAziz :) Definitely giving an opinion over a diagnosis when consulting online is very important to distinguish. I know many patients go online hoping to find a diagno...
 (Total 104 words)
I have read your previous interview session here in the community Jennifer Winter and I really find it very interesting with this new frontier telemedicine. While browing the websites, I ge...
 (Total 177 words)
Thanks Dr. Jennifer White for the valuable advice. If I am to highlight a very important piece of advice mentioned in this interview, I would emphasize that in telemedicine you give a medical opinion not a diagnosis. Reaching an accurate diagnosis r...
 (Total 106 words)