General
How can nurses fight sexual harassment?

How can nurses fight sexual harassment?

Shared by:

The Malaysian Code of Practice (1999) defines sexual harassment as unwanted conduct of a sexual nature that can be perceived by the receiver as putting a sexual condition on his or her employment. Sadly, nurses are not as safe from these unwanted harassments as we might wish, and these could come from patients, superiors, colleagues or the like.

today.mims.com

12 Oct 2016 - General

Great solution you have there Habiba Twakkol. Regarding item #2 in the article, it would be really scary and tricky to confront the perpetrator, especially if this is going to be done in pr...
 (Total 123 words)
Pearly Neo
There are a number of steps that you can take to reduce the risk of sexual harassment occurring in your workplace. Although you may not be able to take all of the steps list...
 (Total 214 words)
This is quite a sensitive topic for everyone most especially in the hospital setting. In my personal experience in the hospital, I guess we never have this kind of cases or could also be, undocumented cases which has been mentioned in the article. Se...
 (Total 161 words)
Jemelyn Mae Sodusta Yes, there was one such complaint in our institution. The male perpetrator took advances to a female co-worker when the latter asked for help in dealing with computer te...
 (Total 141 words)
I agree with you Pearly Neo . It can happen to anyone, because the nature of your job is not an exception. However, we should not let the perpetrator continue to degrade the victim. The vic...
 (Total 120 words)
I think it's really sad that such a topic should even be a point of discussion, instead of managing swift justice for the perpetrators and victims. No matter the nature of the job, no one should be subject to such indignities, much less nurses wh...
 (Total 49 words)