General

Is Noise Still A Nuisance?

Created by:

12 Oct 2016 - General

I was having a tea-time chat with my grandfather and he highlighted how people were annoyed by noise from trucks, jet planes, construction sites, loud music at the parties during the late 90's. I told him that it's still the same case. Although the sources of noise may have changed, still it is a big source of pollution. Due to advances in technology and science, the sound level from construction sites, jet planes is regulated to some extent. Still, there are many other sources of noise these days. And the one that annoys me the most is vehicle horn. It is a common practice in India to use the horn while driving. However, due to traffic congestion especially in metropolitan states like Delhi and Mumbai, the nuisance from these activities is increasing. In Netherlands, the traffic rules are strict and during my short stay there, I noticed that people hardly used the vehicle horns while driving. I hope the same culture is followed everywhere in the world one day so that the noise pollution can be curbed.

Heena Pohani Yes, noise is still a nuisance for me. It happens in the road here in the Philippines too. People are driving like uncivilized human beings and find the compulsion to honk at just everything that moves. Since we are in the topic of noise pollution, it happens everywhere. I get really pissed when I hear people talking loudly inside the elevator. I cannot believe how some people can disregard others wh...
 (Total 146 words)
Oh definitely it is. I have a personal preference for calm and quiet environments that's why I usually work at night when everyone is asleep. Sometimes I find it distracting when people talk loudy, and I easily get annoyed by it. I usually resort to wearing earphones and playing my preferred music, but sometimes the chatters are still too loud and audible. Unfortunately, the traffic in Manila is progressively worsening, and people are constantly exposed to "noise pollution". I thin...
 (Total 139 words)
I have the same sentiments with you Dc. Heena Pohani. I find it really annoying when some drivers will keep on pressing that button. Actually, aside from that i hate those loud sounds too, especially when you can feel the vibrations already. I don't actually understand why some people plays so loud and kind of music that can't be understood. Its like making my head ache and the feeling that my heart will ...
 (Total 131 words)
I can imagine the suffering due to the constant use of vehicle horns. In some places, drivers use their car horn as a daily language to either greet the other drivers or to shout back when they are angry and about to fight!. Fortunately, it is very rare to hear the car horn in Malaysia. However, we can still hear some background noise generated by the vehicles’ engines and electronic devices. Another strong source for noise in Malaysia is the heavy rain. The effects of exposure to constant noise...
 (Total 119 words)