General
When pharmacists call it quits

When pharmacists call it quits

Shared by:

Sometimes, the best decision a leader can make is to know when to quit when it is in the best interests of all the parties involved. In this article, pharmacists can explore some of the common internal and external factors of why some in their profession call it quits.

today.mims.com

13 Oct 2016 - General

This is an article which not just applies to pharmacist but also to every field. I do have a friend who used to work as a pharmacist in Singapore but because of lack of career advancement and poor job satisfaction, he chose to pursue a medical degree and currently is a medical student in another country. Well, I feel that in a career the opportunities to upgrade and job satisfaction is the most important reason to choose whether to stay in the job or not. In any case, if seniors or employers are...
 (Total 158 words)
I think this applies to all, in terms of work, you have to know when to call it quits. Just the other day I was having a conversation like this with a friend who is in the IT industry. He's been working for the same company for years and every time I see him, he says he wants to go and then he sets himself a mark, saying "By next year, I'll leave". But he's still there, frustrated, overworked, underpaid, unappreciated---but feeling quite stuck. I told him, "You're ...
 (Total 211 words)
That is true Priscilla Mae Gobuyan . It applies to any profession. Just like in our case (Nurses in the Philippines), Volunteering is still on trend. Where sometimes, you are working beyond your schedule and it is without any compensation (even your pack lunch or fare are not provided) . That is why most of the nurses, prefers to work outside from what they have learned or archieved. There are many factors that ...
 (Total 150 words)
I suppose it is true for each profession whether it is medical or non-medical. Pharmacy profession is growing and progressing gradually because it is not much old as medical. I remember when I had started the Pharm-D, everybody was shocked that it is 5 years pharmacy degree but you will be unable to prescribe medication but now the maximum population has awareness about this profession and responsibilities of the pharmacists. In my views quitting is not a positive attitude for healthcare profess...
 (Total 117 words)
Nice article. I believe the factors mentioned not only hold true for pharmacists but for all professions. Ethics and values play an important role in any profession and in every company's culture. I especially feel that the work environment, the attitude of your colleagues and seniors play an important role in sticking to a job. For the overall satisfaction in job, not only money and raise in designation is important, but the work environment too matters. If you know that your job is a dead ...
 (Total 133 words)
I think this problem that pharmacist are facing is what the world and all professional career adults are facing. It is uncommon to see a person to call it quits. I think this problem is faced more by nurses who slog at work trying their best to satisfy both doctors and patients, with such low wages. They definitely feel more tired on a daily basis at work, DEFINITELY underpaid, and extremely not appreciated by the superiors who are mainly the managers and colleagues. But due to their strong pers...
 (Total 109 words)
This article does not only apply to pharmacists but includes almost all the professions in the world. I just couldn't agree more with the article stating we need to see the two different big factors contributing to the disatisfaction in our work which often leads to quiting. First would be it has something to do with you or the other which is just simply beyond yourself. On the first half, each one should weight which should they choose or what is really the top priority. Relationship with y...
 (Total 201 words)
This article does not only apply to pharmacists but includes almost all the professions in the world. I just couldn't agree more with the article stating we need to see the two different big factors contributing to the disatisfaction in our work which often leads to quiting. First would be it has something to do with you or the other which is just simply beyond yourself. On the first half, each one should weight which should they choose or what is really the top priority. Relationship with y...
 (Total 201 words)